So many of us in Miami and New York, so many of our families, wound up in the US as the result of imperialism.
On the anniversary of the 1915 US invasion of Haiti, come hear several speakers talk about the effects of imperialism in various countries, and the need for international solidarity and struggle against it. Talks and discussion will be followed up by a celebration of culture and internationalism. RSVP today!
RSVP: New York
6p – 8p; Speakers & Discussion
8:30p – 10:30p; Music, Dance & Poetry
* Daniel, a revolutionary militant, will talk about imperialist domination of Haiti
* Lissette from the Madre Tierra Collective will speak about Nicaragua
* Kaan of One Struggle will speak about the Rapid Response Network, the global minimum wage struggle and imperialism as globalized capitalism
* Vanessa Urbina Bermúdez of Madre Tierra will perform a traditional Colombian dance.
* Kazoots will perform their brand of Afro Indie Rock
*Unity Rise will play rousing political folk-punk
* More performers TBA!
39 NW 54 ST, Miami, FL 33137
Free; donations welcome (to support the organizing activities of One Struggle)