This is to announce the formation of a Rapid Response Network. Its purpose is to offer prompt solidarity to the struggles of workers against exploitation and repression, and to alert groups and individuals of situations that could benefit from immediate attention.
Our aim is to coordinate our efforts with workers with whom we have organized ties and a certain level of political unity, to publicize and build support for their struggles, under their guidance and in their interests.
Struggles of workers for decent wages and working conditions, plus the right to organize, are constantly met with severe punishment. We must not passively accept the presence of products on store shelves without understanding—and actively opposing—the harsh conditions of exploitation and repression under which they were produced.
The Rapid Response Network is initiated by One Struggle, an independent and autonomous anti-capitalist/anti-imperialist collective. Network participants do not necessarily share One Struggle’s overall viewpoints, but unite for the single purpose of offering solidarity to these struggles of workers.
Network actions will include:
· Name & Shame: leafleting and demonstrations at retail locations.
· Contacting specific companies who contract with factories that violate workers’ rights (a very effective tactic we have used in the past).
· Participation in actions with workers with whom we have political unity.
What you can do right now:
· Research and investigation into working conditions internationally.
· Arrange a presentation by One Struggle in your school, church, or community center.
· Distribute Network information online.
· Donate or raise funds and other material support for workers’ campaigns, and for workers wrongly fired or on strike.
To be notified of specific campaigns, please send us your email address and other contact information. To work more closely with us, please contact us directly and let us know what you’d like to do. email@example.com